Iphone 1.1.1 Unlocked Successfully
I have been using an Iphone with 1.02 firmware and it has been working fine for me. But living on bleeding edge, I wanted to try the 1.1.1 firmware. The latest developments with 1.1.1 firmware sounded promising.
First I was trying the jailbreak trick for 1.1.1, updated the media folder to a symlink, updated to 1.1.1, but I still had troubles unlocking the unit.
So I decided to take it back to 1.0.2, revert the baseband firmware and unlock via iPhoneSimFree method, as I had a credit I haven't used yet.
After unlock, and following 1.1.1 jailbreak and activation procedures, all was good, but activation was not sticking, every time I reboot, it was asking to activate the unit.
Finally, I found the solution, using iAsign online, I created my exe file and it did the trick.
The whole process was actually not too hard, but gathering all the info and tools took some time.
If anyone is interested, take a look at following links:
Now, I am a happy 1.1.1 user, phone still unlocked (didn't have to reapply the unlock after using iphonesimfree 1.6 during 1.0.2).
Posted 10/13/2007 3:00:00 AM @ 21:44:00 | Smartphones/Pocket PC
Comments are locked for this entry.