Blackberry Connect on Motorola Q
Now, this is an interesting piece of info. I haven't seen it anywhere else before. I was looking for some info on Blackberry Connect in Blackberry Knowledgebase. And I found this.
Now, I wonder which providers are going to be providing this client? Verizon? Bell? Telus?
Time to dig up more info, while you wait, take a look at the article...
How to send a message from a BlackBerry enabled Motorola Q device
Doc ID : KB10788
Last Modified : 2007-05-07
Document Type : How To
* Motorola® Q with BlackBerry Connect™ software
* Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 5.0 software
To send a message on the BlackBerry enabled Motorola Q, complete the following steps:
1. On your Motorola Q, open the Messaging window by clicking the Messaging icon or Start > Messaging.
2. Click BlackBerry.
3. Click New.
4. In the To field, type one or more addresses.
If you are sending a message to a contact, click Menu > Add Recipient in the bottom status bar. The address book appears.
To perform a Lookup, complete the following steps:
1. Click Menu in the bottom status bar and then click Lookup.
2. Select a contact to be added by clicking Select in the bottom status bar.
Posted 6/6/2007 3:00:00 AM @ 22:56:00 | Smartphones/Pocket PC
I have owned my Moto Q for almost a year and love it... The only problem, I can't get it to work with my company's BES server without Blackberry Connect. I would love to hear more on this one because I'm now eligible for an upgrade with Bell but would prefer to keep my Moto Q. Any new news?
Posted by Tanya (email) on 7/18/2007 3:00:00 AM
Tanya, you can't get a Q connect to a BES server without Blackberry Connect. Without that software, it cannot interface with BES. With that said, Bell finally started to support BB Connect, see:
Posted by Sems on 7/19/2007 3:00:00 AM
Comments are locked for this entry.