Windows Mobile 6 and SIP Settings for Asterisk
New to the Windows Mobile 6, there is a SIP client built-in. It is tricky to set it up, but here goes the details:
1. You'll need a copy of cabarc.exe, grab it at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310618
2. Create your SIP config file, name it as _setup.xml
A sample config is below:
value="<provision key='1032ab01' name='ProviderName'>
<provider name='ProviderName' />
<user account='username' password='password'
<sipsrv addr='your_sip_server:5060' protocol='UDP' role='proxy'>
<session party='First' type='pc2pc' />
<session party='First' type='pc2ph' />
<sipsrv addr='your_sip_server:5060' protocol='UDP' role='registrar'/>
3. From command line, go to folder where cabarc is located, copy the _setup.xml there, run
cabarc N myVoIPsettings.cab _setup.xml
4. Copy the myvoipsettings.cab to your device and run it.
5. If you want to enable SIP client over WWAN (such as GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA or 1XRTT/EVDO), simply go to your registry (you can use Resco Explorer or your favorite registry editor)
Go to the HKLM\Comm\RTC\AdapterTypes
Delete both the "1" and the "2" values that are here
Reset your device and Internet calling will connect over the data connection for your phone service.
Posted 4/5/2007 3:00:00 AM @ 11:20:00 | Smartphones/Pocket PC
A freeware Windows Mobile 6 Voip SIP Config Loader utility has been released that allows you to automatically configure & load _setup.xml needed to configure Voip on your mobile device.
You just need to enter your SIP based VoIP provider details from the GUI of the application such as SIP Server Name, Port Number, Username and Password.
Posted by Richard Hart on 4/26/2007 3:00:00 AM
Thanks Richard for the info. It will definitely help many users.
Posted by Sems on 4/26/2007 3:00:00 AM
Thanks for the info. The only problem so far is that the phone works on the speaker and not on the earpeace.
Posted by Daniel on 9/8/2008 3:00:00 AM
Unfortunately, that's the case with many phones. You should be able to use a headset at least.
Posted by Sems on 9/10/2008 3:00:00 AM
Comments are locked for this entry.