This thing is going to be cute, it is very small 🙂
* Launch is slated for this Fall.
* Silver in color for now, expect all sorts of rainbow-flavored variations.
* Dimensions: 4 inches wide by 2 inches tall and 0.7 inches thick.
* Weight: 2.8 ounces (80 paper clips’ worth of weight).
* Processor: Same as GBA SP.
* Form factor: “Gleaming shoulder and start/select buttons that literally shine”, removable and customizable face plate.
* Screen: 2-inches, backlit and the “best Game Boy screen ever” with adjustable brightness controls for use indoors or outdoors.
* Marketing angle: “We’re making the gorgeous Game Boy Micro for image-conscious folks who love video games, the ones who want the look of their system to be as cool as the games they play on it” according to George Harrison, Nintendo of America Sr. VP of marketing. It’s clear that they’re going after the kids who are too cool to carry around an obvious gaming device but who don’t mind carrying something that looks like the cell phone that they’re already carrying.
* Accessories: built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery; supports standard headphones.
* Software: the Game Boy Advance has nearly 700 titles available, all of which will be playable on the Game Boy Micro.
Info courtesy of